Blue Ridge Community Fellowship Jobs
Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Overview: The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for the overall worship, discipleship, and engagement of our Blue Ridge children’s ministry (Blue Ridge Kidz). This includes working with our Children’s Ministry Team to create a comprehensive ministry for our children.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities: Visioning, Leadership, and Management
- Provide visionary leadership for the Children’s Ministry Team to accomplish the mission of Blue Ridge
- Responsible for planning and executing ministries for children that grows their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. This includes selecting curriculum from infant to 5th grade, leading children’s church, and special events such as VBS and other community events such as Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, etc.
- Create a fun, welcoming and safe environment for children and adults, coordinating the nursery, Sunday morning children’s church, and possible Sunday night activities for children.
- Set and oversee ministry budgets and the facilities provided. Communicate and work in collaboration with Ripple of One regarding shared spaces, furniture, and facilities.
- Grow and equip the hearts of our Blue Ridge Kidz for prayer, outreach, and using their Kingdom gifts
- Implement safety policies and procedures for the nursery and children’s ministries, including check-in and pick-up procedures.
- Actively engage parents to volunteer and participate in children’s ministry activities.
- Engage in continuing education opportunities associated with children’s ministry to improve current ministries.
- Coordinates and executes parent meetings as needed.
- Coordinates and executes children’s ministry volunteer training events as needed.
- Oversees, equips, and leads the Children’s Ministry Team.
- Connect and communicate effectively with children, adults, and families concerning spiritual matters.
- Be a creative, dependable, and energetic self-starter who sees children’s ministry as a calling from God.
- Be strong in organization, delegation, and planning skills for ministries and programs.
- Oversee / coordinate with children’s choir leader on practices and events
- Model a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and perform all other duties as assigned by the pastoral and leadership Team.
Education and Experience: This part-time position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A bachelor’s degree in Christian education, elementary education or early childhood education is preferred. The candidate must have experience with children, and a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to email@example.com. It should include the following:
Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
List of 3 references